Monday 1 July 2013

Friendships Are All About Requirements

One dark night this cruel winter,
You asked me to come under the dazzling stars.
When I came and looked at your face,
It was radiant with happiness.
You gazed in my eyes so affectionately,
And acted that you cared for me a lot.
I was overwhelmed to reveal all my feelings,
But abruptly you changed your expressions.
You suddenly started to babble irrelevant things so mechanically,
That it was seeming all was planned earlier inside your grey cells.
Yes, I understood.
You won the argument and deliberately I remained silent…
I was taken aback!
You told me, “Friendship is not for eternity and it dies one day…”
Then tell me why it burns within my spirit,
When I knew it’s already over?
You again said, “Friendships are all about requirements.”
I asked you, "Then what about soul; what about love; what about emotions?"
You said, “Everybody is self-seeking here and keen to find their own interest even in sacrifice.”
I asked myself, then why do I still want your happiness
When we are not together anymore,
And I am also not eager for reconciliation?
“Money is the prime parameter which can judge one’s taste and standard.”
But it still cannot create another Shakespeare.
I would like to mention, personality is neither to deceive others;
Nor creating a wall around just to conceal one’s own truth.
Million thoughts were running inside my head,
All my feelings were choking my voice gradually,
And within a couple of seconds I was emotionally bankrupt.
Was feeling humiliated for a minute which I never felt before,
You made the sacred word “Friendship” so contemptible within a moment,
That there was nothing left to articulate…
But you couldn't understand.
Before we ended this absurd discussion I already realized,
We were not meant to be.
I thought a lot; thought the whole night just to reach a verdict.
I took a deep breath before I walked away from your life forever.
Feelings whispered silently, “You must move on,
Live your beautiful life in your own terms,
And save your emotions for someone truly deserving.”

No comments:

Post a Comment